Mobile Software Engineer
✓ Full-time or contract ✓ Remote
- You have experience building robust mobile apps (iOS and/or Android)
- You like solving complex problems to make a big impact on the world
- Data, machine learning, and computer vision sound exciting to you
- You are not intimidated by heavy gif and emoji usage and genuinely care about the people you work with 😉
Sound awesome? Apply here! →
📱 Mobile Software Engineer
Engineering is at the heart of Spren, a fast-growing well-funded early stage tech startup.
Formerly known as "Elite HRV", we built the top HRV biomarker toolkit in the world for health, wellness, stress management, and fitness. That journey led to the creation of a game-changing new technology for generating biomarker-based insights with AI at its core.
Your work will empower people on all 7 continents to radically change the way they live, work and play. Together, we are creating a bridge to the future of human-tech interaction.
🌟 The Career Opportunity
This role will initially focus on building out new features in the Spren app and ecosystem alongside a team of smart and hardworking engineers.
Our goal is to build personalized connections between technology and the human operating system that enhance health and well-being.
- Play a lead role in packaging cutting-edge machine learning and computer vision models into mobile apps
- Deploy features powered by generative AI into mobile apps
- Gain a deeper understanding of different types of fitness, wellness, and health products to better understand how our app and API can help better serve users
- Contribute to critical architecture decisions
- Contribute to open source projects and documentation
- Learn, iterate, and tackle a diverse set of high profile problems!
⌨️ Skills & Tech Stack
If you like working with modern and fast-moving technologies, you'll feel right at home here. You are:
- Comfortable with developing for iOS (Swift) and/or Android (Kotlin), and familiar with the performance and UX constraints of each
- Passionate about writing clean, efficient, and well-tested code
- A fan of leaving many unmerged branches in the Git repo (just kidding, please no!)
- Experienced with building APIs and data integrations (e.g. Apple Health, OAuth, third-party services)
- Passionate about the end-user experience, and you love to hear when end-users are delighted by your work
- Prone to nerding out over generative AI and new technology 🤓
👥 The Team
Our team is the most important asset we have. But don't take our word for it -- you'll meet the other engineers on your team in the interview process, so ask them! A few highlights:
- You’ll join a team of eager and fearless learners, focused on making great products for our customers
- You'll fit in well if you’re attracted to solving tough problems and a collaborative learning approach
- You’ll work most closely with the ML Engineering, Product Management, QA and core Engineering teams
- Every single person has a major and immediate impact in the company trajectory at this stage
- You contribution will directly affect millions of end-users
We were working remotely before remote work was cool.
You can expect:
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Competitive healthcare and retirement benefits
- Work from anywhere
- Flexible vacation and work hours
- Stipends for wellness and co-working
As well as:
- Conscious emphasis on work-life balance
- Whatever hardware/software you need to succeed
- Mentorship and targeted training for whatever you need to succeed
- Respect and transparency across the entire company
- The opportunity to learn a ton (regardless of how much experience you have) and to make a big dent in the universe
- Autonomy and ownership over your work
- A team that deeply cares about each other and our mission, with tons of room for career advancement across the entire company
It's time to make a difference.
It's incredibly rare to join a startup at this stage. We are a small tribe that is making a big difference in the world's health, fitness, and wellness.
You will not only shape the product we're building, but the entire company, our processes, our culture, the thousands of dev teams we'll support, and the millions of end-users we serve.
If you enjoy learning quickly and exponential growth doesn't scare you, we'd love to chat and see if there may be a fit.